Thursday, August 12, 2010

the Netherlands and so on...

Decided that I will write a blog now everytime I get the chance, so they could be daily, weekly, monthly, who knows! All I know, is I AM IN EUROPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a little bit exciting!

Spent the last couple of days in Zeeburg, just outside of Amsterdam. Thought we were going to Maastrict! Fail, I should listen more often!

Twas well fun, stayed in the camping part of the park, there were an absolute SHITLOAD of tents everywhere and everyone spoke a different language, from German to Dutch to Italian to Slovenian to English, it was nutso!!!! had a bunch of Liverpoolers next to us, funny accents!!!

We went into Amsterdam as well. The weed centre of the world!!!! It was nuts, every corner there was a 'coffeeshop' with old jamacians sitting out the front smoking a joint. And NO, I didnt do weed in A'dam, probably the only tourist to the Netherlands that hasn't!!!!!!

It rained one day which was mega shit. So me and Elin slept in the car where there was not water seeping in!!!! I can't believe how freaking much it rained, and then the next day, CLEAR SKIES!!!!! I swear, IT ALWAYS RAINS IN AMSTERDAM!!!!!! Every time I have been there it is always raining!

I got to drive on an autobahn which was definately a highlight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 160, as fast as the poor Opel Agila goes, if you don't know what one is, look it up, its kind of like a Getz, so you can imagine!!! twas fun! And I drove through Amsterdam which was a nightmare yet interesting!!!!! SO MANY FREAKING CYCLISTS!!!!!!!

Got an email from Mum today, telling me about a trip we did to Europe when I was ten, telling me how hard it was to get me to write a holiday journal, and on the next trip in 2007 I just didnt do one, and now I am blogging a travel journal for the whole world to see. I think I will read that travel journal when I get home!

So today has just been a chill day, I have done my postal vote, and you would NEVER guess who I voted for HAHAHA!!!!!!! Down with Amanda Rishworth!!!!!!

In the next couple of days we are going to Munster where Mara's old stepdad lives, have a look around! We were going to a Rock Festival originally but I only knew one band and it was going to rain all weekend, so, we decided against it =D

I find it really hard to fathum (I hope thats how you spell it) how life goes on when you leave home, its almost like you imagine that it stops until you get home!!!!!!!!!!!!! I keep asking everyone in Australia if anything has changed, and more often than not they say its all the same, but when I get home in 3 months or so, I bet its different!!!!! I am nervous and excited!

I am excited to meet Ella and Hamish in London in about 3 weeks time. But, I will definately miss Germany, I've had a full on time here. I will miss Mara, its been good to get to know a Friend I haven't seen for so long.

Next week I go to see my host family!!!!! I cannot wait to see them again and see whats changed at a place I fondly remember as one of many second homes!!!!! They are a great bunch and I cant wait to catch up on lost time!!!!!!

Anyway, I will 'bLOG OUT' time to go post this postal vote =P

I hope whoever is reading this is happy and healthy and that all is well with you!

Mit freundlichen grüßen von dem Australier in Deutschland!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment