Friday, August 6, 2010

a week or so too late, but here it begins =D

I decided to start a blog, something to keep you all at home up to date with what I've been doing and something to look back on in a couple of years time and go, yeah, that was entertaining when that happened there!

I hope to write a blog at least every week, but this wont be AS easy when I am in the UK, Spain, Italy, France and the Netherlands!

I'll start at the beginning...

on the 27th of July 2010, I left Adelaide and everything that comes with it, set for Düsseldorf, Germany, via Hong Kong and Helsinki, and Melbourne, but they didn't have Krispy Kreme's so they don't deserve a mention =P

On the plane from Adelaide via Melbourne to Hong Kong, I was sat next to this 70 year old Hungarian Australian who was going back to Hungary to see the family. Couldn't have asked for a better person to sit next too! She told me heaps about her life. She left Hungary when the revolution began and fled to Iceland. Her son was born in Iceland. She left Iceland set for Australia in 1958 and went by boat!!!!! 6 months or so it was she said! She said it was not exactly enjoyable, but you did what you had to do. Made me realise how lucky we are, we can hop on a plane and a day later we are 7 time zones away! When we arrived in Hong Kong, myself and a Scout off to the Jambouree in Finland walked her to her gate and said goodbye! I hope she is having a great time in Hungary!

The scout was on the same plane as me, to Helsinki, so it was good to have someone to chill with until we could get on the plane!

Got on the plane to Finland, and had the pleasure of hearing Finnish, Swedish and Cantonese blasted over the loudspeaker every five minutes, and at least one sentence of broken english here and then. Was kind of entertaining! It took them a good hour to switch the lights off, I curled up and slept on and off until we were flying over Moscow. I was sat next to a Dutchman who just wanted to sit and type gobly gook on his laptop from HK to Helsinki, BORING. I had this Finnish kid want to look out the window, jumping over me and the Dutchman to see out, speaking in Finnish, was rather entertaining. The food wasn't too bad on Finnair, better than I would have thought =D The decent into Helsinki Vantaa was quick and my ears went skitso!

Ahhh, Helsinki Vantäääääääää, NEVER WANT TO RETURN, FINNISH CUSTOMS OFFICERS NOT ALL THAT NICE...
On arrival in Helsinki, I was pulled aside by Customs officers and told I would be overstaying in Schengen countries, and had to leave early or I would be thrown in Prison, FUN. So I sat at the gate for my next flight and politely shat myself for a good hour....

Next flight waa quick, before I knew it I was in Düsseldorf, getting off the plane on the TARMAC! bahaha, haven't done that in ages. I waited ages for my bag and walked out the gate, and where's Mara, NO WHERE TO BE SEEN. FAIL. about 5 minutes later she comes running down towards me, sillyhead didn't know where to park =p

This week has been a whrilwind. I have met heaps of Mara's friends here in Germany, and lots of her family. Not homesick as yet but we will see =p

Been on a ferry across the Rhine to see some castle ruins, that was interesting, took a fair few photos! Been to the Düsseldorf Altstadt and drank Ueringe, the Düsseldorf Old Beer, wasn't all that keen! Went to Schutzenfest and partied with random Germans, was entertaining. Drank these weird arse shots, all in all, had a reeeeeeaaaallllyyyy good time. Yesterday I worked in a Messe, which is like a big Wholesalers Fair. Next week I go to Holland and Belgium to go camping and go to a rock festival, should be interesting!!!!!!!

So thats it for the moment, readers I will keep you posted =D

No comments:

Post a Comment